PACE is a nonpartisan organization that works to advance equality in Northwest Louisiana so that the ￼Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) community can lead open, honest, responsible, and safe ￼lives at home and in the workplace.
We believe that the most effective way to achieve these goals is to educate our communities and to constructively participate in the political process.
Specifically the objectives and purposes of PACE are to enhance the quality of life for all citizens by working:
- To establish a society free from discrimination against individuals based on race, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religious belief, or national origin;
- To urge the government to provide adequate police protection, quality education, public health, assistance and protection for the individual freedoms and rights for all;
- To encourage government to be more responsive to all citizens and to eliminate corruption; and;
- To educate the public and candidates for public office regarding Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) issues.
What We've Achieved
- Be Fair Shreveport Campaign
- Passing of the Shreveport Fairness Ordinance
- Creation of the North Louisiana Gay & Lesbian Film Festival
- Executive order protecting LGBT city employees.
- Hosted Shreveport Mayoral Forums in 2006, 2010, and 2014 to find out where mayoral candidates stand on LGBT issues
- 2011 Hate Crimes Forum in conjunction with Forum for Equality
- Pride in the Park Shreveport LGBT Pride event